Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Charity Print Auctions

There's a group on Flickr who is auctioning prints of their pictures for Haiti! The idea behind Charity Print Auctions is that individuals bid in the comments of the picture. The auction will end at a designated time, at which point the highest bidder pays the winning amount to a charity designated by the photographer. The photographer then makes a print copy of the photo and sends it to the winner. Almost 100 prints have already been sold, with winners making donations to charities like the Red Cross, Shelter Box and Doctors Without Borders. I've made my donation to the Canadian Red Cross and will be expecting a beautiful print in the mail in the near future! I'm also considering offering one of my pictures up for auction, but I'll work out the details after I'm done my school seminar. Please, check out the group, or donate to help Haiti in their time of need!

No comments: