Sunday, February 23, 2014

U and T

U is for... by s.kosoris
U is for..., a photo by s.kosoris on Flickr.
I felt like I cheated a bit for this one. But try as I might, I could only come up with two possible things for U: the undead, and UFOs. I was originally going to use the UFO idea, but afterwards changed my mind and opted for the Undead. And I'm quite happy with my choice. So here today are a pirate skeleton, a vampire, and a mummy all hanging out having a drink. It's a simple shot, but I quite like it.

T is for... by s.kosoris
T is for..., a photo by s.kosoris on Flickr.
In case you missed it, yesterday's T was a picture of Trolls. I took my three trolls (one being the Troll Queen, who was absent from my Q picture) and posed them in the poinsettia we have in the house from Christmas. I took a lot of shots, but everything was just okay. And then I decided to try a different DOF, focusing on the Queen's staff as if she's blasting you with magic. I've done this DOF before, most notably in my "So Be It, Jedi" shot, and quite liked the results. And so "T is for..." became a very different shot from most of the others in this series. But that's okay with me - I'm very happy with how it turned out (even if it's hard to make out all three trolls!)

No comments: