Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Q is for...

Q is for... by s.kosoris
Q is for..., a photo by s.kosoris on Flickr.
Today I tackled the letter Q. I decided early on that I would use Q for Queens (although I later realized that Q could also be for Qui-Gon Jinn...). So I gathered as many queens together as I could think of.

Then came the biggest problem: what should I use for a background? In the end, I decided that the Sand Dollar Cafe would be an interesting locale for the shot. The Sand Dollar Cafe is the very first Paradisa Lego set I received when I was younger. While I wanted the Castle sets, my extended family kept getting me Paradisa sets, and so Paradise kept getting invaded by pirates and the like. So Paradisa may not have been a great place for minifigures to vacation, but it always seemed to be the start of some interesting adventures!

I've long thought about taking some pictures with the Sand Dollar Cafe. It's probably my favourite Paradisa set because it always suggests to me a great meeting place, where people from all walks of life can meet up and have a cup of coffee or an ice cream. And that's what the four queens (and Qui-Gon) are all doing here.

No comments: