Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Tink

Last week, I showcased the three pictures of mine which have made Flickr's Explore pages.  Today I want to talk about the cat in the second picture, Tink.
Webcam Pic
Tink was my aunt and uncle's cat.  They moved out of province and weren't able to take him with them.  We agreed to take him as a trial, to see how our cat, Sasha, would get a long with him.  Of course, as those things go, once he was living with me there was not way I was letting that cat go.  He became my best friend, spending almost every night with me except for the few nights I was away traveling.  Sasha, being Sasha, never liked him, but she slowly let him get closer before she would hiss and growl.
Back Home from 4th Street Fantasy!
But then the unthinkable happened: I left for Duluth just for the day on Monday, August 21st.  When I left in the morning, Tink seemed absolutely fine.  But a few hours before I got home, he passed away quite suddenly.

From what we can gather, Tink was part Maine Coon.  Maine Coon's have a genetic predisposition to a form of heart disease, where they will seem fine to their owners until their hearts fail.  I don't think there was anything we could have done for him except what we did: we gave him a loving home for the two months he was with us.  He was an awesome cat and I still miss him terribly, even three weeks later.
Selfie of Tink and Me
I've put together an album on Flickr for him, with all of the pictures I took of him and his stuff while he was living with me.  There are a few other pictures of him on my Flickr account as well from when he was living with my aunt and uncle.

No comments: