Sunday, August 3, 2014

Redbubble Updated with Cool New Things!

So it's been awhile since I updated my Redbubble site.  In fact, the last time I updated it was when I last posted here.  But I was clearing out some of my emails, when I came across a Redbubble newsletter that had this article.  Realizing I haven't actually gone to Redbubble in months, I decided to look at my profile and see if I could use some of their tips to improve it.

I started out by hiding a bunch of pictures.  Most of them were Lego ones that haven't gotten many views.  I did end up keeping a few on there that had less than my arbitrary view count to stay, just because I liked them.  When that was done, I hid a bunch of other pictures, too; ones that I decided for one reason or another don't need to be there.

It was around this point that I rewrote my bio and decided to upload a few flower pictures I took with my new camera (oh yeah, I got a new camera!)  I chose a couple of flower pictures with ants in them based off of my newly rewritten bio.  And that was when I first noticed that my pictures were able to go onto the new Redbubble throw pillows and iPhone cases.  I didn't think some of my older pictures (ie the ones taken with my Canon PowerShot S3 IS) were capable of being on the new throw pillows and stuff.  But I figured out how to actually get them there.  Around that time, I also decided to drop my prices.  I've been putting a 50% markup on all my pictures since I started on Redbubble.  As per their tips, they suggested that I rethink the price; I decided to go with their suggested 20%, just to see how that goes.

So for the next hour or two, I was changing all my prices, and reuploading pictures so they could be on throw pillows and stuff.   I played around with everything, trying to make all the pictures look good on whatever I'm offering them on now.  If they didn't look good, I didn't enable whatever it was as a buying option (so, for example, if something didn't look good as an iPad case, it is not offered as an iPad case). 

So now I have a smaller selection of pictures available to buy as a greater number of things.  And everything looks gorgeous!  (Doing this really made me want an iPhone - some of my pics look absolutely fantastic as phone cases!) 

No comments: