Thursday, February 18, 2010

Saucer Scout Hijack



I took this picture a few weeks ago. And ever since posting it, I've been thinking about taking a second picture in which the Snowtroopers succeed in hijacking the saucer. So today, after a bit of set-up (I had a bit of trouble figuring what type of rope to use for the second Snowtrooper), I went out and took a few more shots! While I was out there, I came up with the perfect ending to the story as well. So now there are three pictures all featuring the Saucer Scout that tell the whole story of the Snowtroopers hijacking it! I'm really pleased with how the new shots turned out!

Unfortunately, while I was heading outside I dropped the saucer. I was able to find everything except for one of the red tiles with the grill. So on one side, there's only one, while on the other there are two. I'm hoping to find the piece in the spring once the snow melts, but I might buy a few replacements in the meantime (this isn't the first time I lost one; I was just really lucky that I found it last time). So for now, my saucer is going to be a bit unique!

I also finally announced the names of my Snowtroopers today on Flickr. The one who is dual wielding is called Mr. Hardcore. That's what I called him in the picture of him in the shrub and it sort of stuck. His accomplice I've called Gary for no real reason. That name has stuck, too, so there you have it: Mr. Hardcore and Gary!

No comments: