Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Zombie Hamlet Returns!


After a long time of neglecting it, Zombie Hamlet returns on Delivering Awesome! Zombie Hamlet was originally a group project from one of my classes. But as I mentioned back in December, I had planned on writing my own version of the later acts because I envisioned the story somewhat differently from how it turned out. And so I renamed it Zombie Hamlet and posted the first Act (my contribution to the group project) on Delivering Awesome every Sunday for just over a month. I have been thinking about returning to the world of Zombie Hamlet for some time now (I took the stuff with me camping in the hopes of working on it a few weeks ago) but it took me until four days ago to actually get started on it. And now, after a few days of hard work, most of Act 2 is ready to go! Act 2 Scene 1 will be appearing this Sunday morning at 12:01 am, as per the tradition started when I originally posted Act 1.
Act 2 Scene 2 was written a few months ago and was originally going to be Scene 1. But after some planning, it became Scene 2 (which was what it was originally supposed to be). I then wrote Scene 5 (which was originally going to be Scene 3) and Scene 3 (which was going to be Scene 3), then went back and edited Scene 2 a bit more so that everything went together. Scene 4 followed, which turned out alright. I just finished Scene 1, which ended up the hardest to write. Scenes 6 and 7 are not yet written, but I hope to have them finished by the weekend. Then onto the final Act!
I am really pleased with how these scenes are playing out. I was dissatisfied that the group project neglected some of the characters that were prominent in Act 1, and it has been very entertaining bringing everyone back into the action. I hope that you will have as much fun reading this as I had writing it!

No comments: