Friday, June 5, 2009

Garden Time!!!!

Yesterday and today, I went on a plant-shopping spree. I bought a few perennials (a primrose, a new red lily, a Chinese lantern and about two others), as well as my usual favourite annuals (pansies, petunias, two fuchsias and a few impatiens). So when I got home from the garden centre, I planted my garden! This year, I was able to clear out the top part of the garden (the part that my dad was originally taking care of), so I've been extremely excited about being able to buy lots more plants!

The top of the garden has been full of random plants that my dad found by the tracks for the last few years. So it's going to be a real battle fixing it up now. I'm going to leave the raspberry bushes there (but keep them near the back), the irises, and the vine that he planted, but pretty much everything else is gone! Everything's been running wild over the last few years, so I'm thinking it will take a few years before I can get it back under control again!

So anyway, the weather forecast was for rain this afternoon, but the sky looked pretty clear, so I started planting right when I got home. Of course, I failed to take into account the wicked wind, which kept blowing in massive clouds every ten minutes or so. I ended up hanging out beside a tree during a bit of hail, and getting rained on afterwards. But everything is planted, and looking good! I will be posting pictures on Flickr (possibly in a day or two, depending on the weather!)

No comments: