Friday, November 21, 2008

Hamlet 2!

No, this is not a post in reference to the movie titled Hamlet 2. Rather, this Hamlet 2 is the play two of my friends and I are writing for a class. Our play centres around Horatio, the last surviving Dane from Hamlet 1. While lamenting how far Denmark has fallen since Fortinbras took control, he discovers the ghosts of his friends wanting revenge. So Horatio sets out on a journey into the bowels of Hell in an attempt to set the souls of his friends free!

Meanwhile, Fortinbras is making a pact with the Devil for troops to put down the revolting peasants. And Claudius is plotting to retake Denmark from beyond the grave!

I got to write Act 1 (there are three acts, as there are three of us). It was a lot of fun writing. Scene 2 is easily my favourite. I will be posting it eventually on Delivering Awesome (probably after it is handed in). I am also going to be drawing some pictures of scenes and characters for the play. If they turn out alright, I will post them on Delivering Awesome along with Act 1!

No comments: