Friday, March 27, 2009

A School Update

Yesterday I was officially finished two of the three major projects that I have this term. First of all, one of my two essays was handed in. This essay was for Canadian Prose; I wrote it on both Sir Richard Burton's First Footsteps in East Africa and Margaret Laurence's The Prophet's Camel Bell. While I didn't particularly enjoy reading Burton's book (I did like Laurence's), I really enjoyed writing the essay. It was a topic that interested me, which made writing it a whole lot easier.

The second project that I officially finished yesterday was my group project in Popular Fiction. I lucked out and had only one other member of my group. Between the two of us, we had the project finished this past Tuesday. The project ended up four posters depicting key issues within the graphic novel Watchmen. It was a lot of fun to make (I had fun drawing pictures of people exploding for the Nuclear War topic. I drew three pictures using charcoal which turned out rather well).

This leaves one more essay to write, and then two exams and I am finished school for the year!

No comments: