Sunday, January 11, 2009

Emigrate


I have been after this album for about two years now. I finally got it for Christmas from my bro! I've been so excited, but I was also worried - what if Emigrate didn't hold up to the hype I had built up for it these last few years?
Luckily, I need not have worried. Emigrate rocks!!!! From the moment the first song, "Emigrate" starts, you know the album is going to be great. You can hear Richard Z. Kruspe-Bernstein's guitar, famous from Rammstein, right off the bat. There's the expected heavier music, but with a different sound (this isn't Rammstein afterall). And then around song 4, "Let Me Break In My Tears," the album changes to somewhat softer music. But it's still amazing all the way through the album.
And then the last song hits you. I have the premium edition, which has two extra songs, "Blood" and "Help Me." And "Help Me" is an absolutely amazing song! The music is different, but spectacular. His singing is a little different, but it totally works with the song! I can't really describe it any better than this, so I'm just going to recommend that everyone checks it out here.

1 comment:

Dust said...

"Help Me" is definitely one of the better songs I've heard lately. I love the lyrics and the imagery/inspiration that it provides me.