Monday, March 29, 2010

Skunk Cabbage!


In the Moss
Originally uploaded by s.kosoris


Today my dad and I went on an adventure to take pictures of Skunk Cabbage. This used to be my dad and grandfather's yearly spring tradition, but they haven't gone in a number of years. We went to the same swamp that they used to go to, and low and behold, the skunk cabbage are still growing there! It took us a little bit at first, but we found them poking up out of the underbrush. The first few were green, but we found the ones with red leaves, too. We're planning on going back in about a week, at which time they should be flowering!

While wandering around the swamp, I found a few areas that will make some great Lego pictures! So when I head back in a week, I'm going to take some minifigs with me!

I'm also going to need some rubber boots for next time. I wore my winter boots, which were fine because the ground is still firm. But in a week it might be a lot wetter!

No comments: