Monday, February 23, 2009

A Very General What's Going On

Well, Study Week is officially over. So I thought I would just do a quick update on how things are going (and also to hopefully remind myself of a few upcoming deadlines).

Over Study Week, I had very little I had to do. I had one book that I needed to read for school (Bridget Jones's Diary) and a project to start planning. Other than that, I was pretty free to do a bit of fun reading. I didn't take as much advantage of that as I would have liked to, but I got through about three fun books (see The List for details). Of course, I also had a grand old time wandering through bookstores, so the List has a few more titles on it now. I also picked up a few fun books, like Kittens in the Sun which is a book full of kitten pictures.

As for writing, I didn't do a whole lot until near the end of Study Week. I wrote the new Spacelord early, and had a lot of fun with the post. I also revised a story which I am planning on submitting to the LU Lit Mag sometime before midnight tonight (I'm going to look over it again before submitting it). And then I found out about a writing contest that is open for English majors at LU, so I need to come up with something before March 2.

I also got to see a few movies that I really wanted to see. Last Thursday I saw Gran Torino, the new Clint Eastwood movie. It was a really good movie; I laughed a lot throughout it. Then this Saturday night, I saw Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. It was alright. Better than the second Underworld movie (Evolution). Finally, I saw Slumdog Millionaire. I absolutely loved the music! It was a really good story.

And on Friday, I fit in a quick trip to Kakabeka where I took some nice pics of the Falls. It was a great drive on a beautiful afternoon. Check out my flickr page to see my Falls pics!

So that was my Study Week. It was a nice break, although not long enough (I would've like to have fit in a few more novels that were better than Bridget Jones).

No comments: